Help with Autism - help advice, resource and training for parents and professionals involved with autistic children.
17 New Street

Local Services

From September 2014 all local authorities in England must publish their ‘local offer’. This is information about what provision is available for children and young people aged 0-25 with SEN or disability.

The local offer will be on your local authority website. It must include:

Council for Disabled Children - Advice for parents with children with autism.

Each local authority also offers Independent Advisors to help parents with the transfer of statements to EHC Plans. Your local advisor can be found listed on the CDC website.

How can I access the services in my Local Offer?

The services in the local offer are for all children and young people with SEND. You do not need to have a statement of Special Educational Needs, learning difficulty assessment or Education, Health & Care Plan to be able to use the services.

Each service in the local offer should explain how the service can be accessed and the eligibility criteria.

If you or your child are not able to access the support you need, you can use your local authority complaints procedure to complain to the local government ombudsman.

For Parents: